MSI provides litigation support and expert witness testimony for law firms and companies within the United States. As leaders in material testing and industrial forensics, our experience allows us to provide advice, sound judgement and clear and concise deposition support. Our facility can accommodate and host testing for review by both defense and prosecution parties involved. Cases assisted with include amusement park failures, production defect analysis and automotive incidents.
Metallurgical analysis of a gas line from a recent arson case found that the defendant could not have deliberately cut the line or intentionally caused the resulting fire. Oxidation and corrosion of the threaded end of the gas line was so severe that the prosecution had to drop all charges against the defendant.
- Alloy Identification
- Comprehensive Polymer Testing
- Contamination Analysis
- Corrosion Product Identification
- Metals Analysis
- On-Site Positive Material Identification
- Polymer Characterization
- Charpy Impact
- Fastener Testing
- Helium Leak Testing
- Load Testing
- Pressure Testing
- Tensile Testing
- Weld Procedure Qualifications
- Welder Qualifications (ASME Sec. IX)
- Boiler Tube Deposit Weight Density
- Case Depth Corrosion Deposit Analysis (EDS & XRD)
- Failure Analysis
- Macro/Micro Hardness
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM MSI
MSI is dedicated to providing the highest level of response quality and customer care in the industry to our customers.
- Unmatched standards for clear concise results
- Offering the best value for money
- Assurance of exceptional quality
- Our expert metallurgists meet tight deadlines with unmatched quality.